Wednesday 28 August 2013

A traditional Korean meal.

The following are pictures of a traditional Korean meal.  Given that the restaurant I went to is semi expensive some of the items are not normal.  One by one I am going to describe the best I can each individual dish.  Now it is possible that people much better at savoring and talking about food will read this post - I ask you to bear with me.


We have here my second favorite dish : duck and stuff.  
The left are simple spring-like rolls with a very interesting sauce.  It has the tang of mustard with the sweet of sugar, and a hint of sour.  The right is duck.  Yummy yummy duck.  It also has the same yellow delight.


This is a pancake called "Pajeun".  Please don't criticize my spelling, I'm going off phonics and am too lazy to check the web if my roman letters are the correct transcription of the Korean.  I have made these before and have to admit mine are better.  It is flour, water, shallots, and other stuff.  typically eaten with beer as it is greasy fun.

What you see here ladies and gentlemen is the slaughtered baby of 15 sexually induced orgasms.  It is amazing.  I ate it up in 10 secs.  Raw beef baby.  One cut served with rice like a sushi(which was the lesser of the two) and the one in back served with a sesame seed oil vinaigrette that would make a virgin bleed.  It was amazing.  And I will leave it at that.

I can't describe what this actually is because I don't know.  I can just describe what it tastes and feels like.  The white part is jelly like Konnayku, the garnish feels like wet.

This is a mochi-like dish except the rice hasn't been converted into a cake form yet.  Kinda half way between mochi and normal rice.  It is sweetened with what I assume to be brown sugar and it has raisins in it which you can see with that dark red thing in front.

This is a salad that comes with every single lunch I have consumed at every kindergarten/elementary in Korea.  A runny yogurt sauce poured over tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage, apples, raisins, and peppers.  It is meh.

Starting from top left working right, down, left and finishing in the middle.  A mushroom concoction/  Radish kimchi/  rolled egg(never as good as Japan's)/  Oh my god!!!  this is crab, but prepared in the most mind blowing way.  It is candied.  I know, weird.  Candied crab.  But it is sooooo good.  the meat is soft and supple and you just suck it out.  You suck on the limbs like they lollipops.  Very fun eat/  potatoes in a typical red pepper sauce served in nearly every Korean dish/  candied shrimp similar to the crab but not nearly as fun to eat/  the middle is a very deep, dark, rich tofu stew.  I loved it.  I felt my soul being penetrated with every sip/  on the outside there is a pickle dish on top and fish gizzards on bottom.  the fish gizzard was the saltiest thing on planet earth.   

Its called "nengmyon".  A cold broth, flavored with sour stuff eaten with buckwheat noodle, cucumber and various other veggies.  typical dish during the hot summers as it................is................cold.

Starting with the top right, working left, down and right ending in middle.  HAHAHAH  same mushroom thing from before/  fried tofu with the red pepper sauce of the potatoes in last shot/  no clue what that is/  also clueless to that one/  whole green peppers with a very contrasting soy bean sauce.  very good/  once again no idea/  Eggplants/  My top 5 is what the middle is.  Fish encrusted with the jizz of Zeus.  so fuckin good!!!!

This is fun.  What you do is scoop that kick ass rice out onto your rice dish and pour hot broth into the pot.  There is still lots of nurunji left in the pot so after a couple minutes you have a dope rice broth soup.  You eat it after you finish all the other shit I showed you.  funstuff.

This is what heaven would taste like if it we lived in its toilet.  This stuff is awesome.  It is a sweet, citrus, cold as hell drink.  It is accented by cinnamon and drops of Jewish sweat, I swear on my life.  You always drink this at the end because that is when they serve it to you.

Well...I hope you enjoyed the food I ate.  There will be more to come bitches.

3 comments:

  1. Yum. Yum. YUM!!! I can't wait to try all this food. And eat with you so that we can have a conversation about identifying the foods we're unfamiliar with. Honestly, from your descriptions, the first one sounded the most appetizing and then decreased in my description of "sounds yummy". Maybe because I don't really associate food with bodily functions such as the jizz of Zeus or heaven's toilet water. But hey, maybe that's just me ;)
    It's not even 7am and I've been taken on a culinary adventure in Korean food. Thanks mi amorcito!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats kinda weird some of what we eat is translated into jizz, though not of Zeus power, and everything we eat ends up in toilet water.......

    ReplyDelete